- Yield: Breakfast For 1
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: Serves 1
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 grams
A nutritious hybrid of English bacon and a Mexican style omelette, complimented with lightly fried cherry tomatoes. Give your breakfast a kick with this low carb treat!
- English Bacon - 2 rashers
- Cherry Tomatoes - 3
- Egg - 2
- Avocado - Half
- Chili Pepper - 1
- Cheddar Cheese - 30 grams
- Butter - 1 tablespoon
- Salt and Pepper - 1 pinch
- Put your bacon in a frying pan at medium heat. Do not use oil, the fat from the bacon will cook itself!
- Cook to taste (I prefer slightly crispy), turning the bacon frequently.
- Cut 3 cherry tomatoes in half and fry in the same juices as the bacon.
- Cook only for no more than a minute or two.
- Cut up your chili pepper (you can use half if you do not want it too spicy) and avocado into thin slices.
- Grate 30g of cheese.
- Break 2 eggs into a bowl and whisk until blended.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the sliced peppers into the mix and mix it in to the bowl.
- Place the butter in a frying pan at a very low heat.
- Add the egg mixture into the pan and allow the egg to spread into the base ( you may need to adjust the pan slightly )
- Cook for around 2-3 minutes and add the sliced avocado.
- Cook until nearly done and add the grated cheese.
- Flip the omelette over with a spatula in a semi-circle so the cheese begins to melt in the middle.
- Cook for another 30 seconds or so and serve!